June 24, 2016
Ever imagined creating your very own KitKat® Bench for your break? We’re making it happen! Join MY #KITKATBENCH PROMO now and get a chance to turn your dream bench into a reality!
To join the promo, follow these steps:
1. Read through the promo mechanics:
2. Use this KitKat® Bench template for your entry:
You may download a higher resolution of the KitKat® Bench template by clicking this link: http://bit.ly/designthisbench
3. Upload your entry to this Facebook post: http//bit.ly/MKKBpromo
See full promo mechanics below:
QUALIFICATIONS/DISQUALIFICATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS:
1. Open to Filipino citizens or persons residing in the Philippines for at least a year and at least 16 years of age at the same time of joining.
2. Participants must be fans of the KIT KAT Philippines Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/kitkat.ph) and followers of the KIT KAT Philippines Twitter account (www.twitter.com/kitkat_ph).
3. Nestlé Philippines Inc. (NPI), J. Walter Thompson Philippines (JWT Manila), McCann Worldgroup Philippines (MRM//McCann), hereinafter the “Organizers of the Promotion” and other official media partners’ and sponsors’ employees and their relatives up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and/or affinity are disqualified from joining.
4. By joining and participating in the “KIT KAT PHILIPPINES’ My KIT KAT Bench Promo” promotion (the “Promotion”), those qualified and interested to join the Promotion (the “Participant”) confirm, agree to and acknowledge that:
a. He or she has read the full mechanics of this promotion and agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of the same;
c. Organizers of the Promotion have the right to identify him or her as a participant or a winner in the Promotion and communicate the same at any time in any territory and through any medium of release (mass media, digital media, etc.);
d. He or she shall hold Organizers of the Promotion free and harmless from any and all claims, suits and actions for damages or liabilities that may be brought by other persons, natural, juridical, in connection with his/her participation in this promotion as well as the statements and declarations made by participant in relation to the Promotion;
e. Organizers of the Promotion may, without further compensation to participant: (a) reproduce, distribute, adapt, modify, make available any/or communicate to the public, exhibit, or broadcast any material or information regarding this Promotion by any means or media without restriction of any kind as to quantity, purpose or time, whether commercial or otherwise, in any country or territory in the world; and (b) authorize any of the above activities;
f. Organizers of the Promotion shall not be liable for any unauthorized use, reproduction and adaptations by third parties of any material or information regarding this promotion; and
g. Participant shall make no reproduction of any part of the website/s accessed by him or her pursuant to this promotion for any purpose whatsoever nor shall participant modify or incorporate any part of said website/s in any other work, publication or website.
h. Given that the some of the prizes to be given away are perishable and require proper handling to assure their safety and integrity, Participant agrees to arrange for the pick-up of such prizes, by him/herself or through an authorized representative, from the Organizers of the Promotion should participant win the promotion.
Participant is the copyright owner of the submitted entry and that, in the event that other persons appear with the participant in the entry, Participant has secured the necessary consents from such other persons to appear in the submitted entry and to publicize the entry in accordance with paragraph 4(e) of these mechanics.
DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURES:
The Promotion period is from May 14 to July 30, 2016 as follows:
How to Participate
5. Participants must follow the OFFICIAL KIT KAT Philippines Twitter Account (www.twitter.com/kitkat_ph) and like the OFFICIAL KIT KAT Philippines Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/kitkat.ph) to be qualified to win. A Facebook post and a Twitter post will contain the directions to the promo, through the accompanying image. Participants must follow the directions for joining the Promotion which will be found in both official Twitter and Facebook Account, as stated above, which are as follows:
a. Participants will be asked to design a KIT KAT Bench. The concept must showcase a way a person can take a KIT KAT Bench break (e.g. play music on the bench, watch a movie through a portable DVD player installed on the bench, etc.) Participants are free to come up with creative ideas and executions as long as feasibility of production is taken into consideration. A downloadable template of a plain KIT KAT Bench shall be used for all design entries.
• Participants can only join via Facebook. The participant must comment the photo or share the link to the design on the ascribed KIT KAT Facebook post. Both the hashtags #mybreak and #KITKATBench must be used in the Facebook comment for the entry to become valid.
• Participants may add other visual elements on the given template to produce their design entries.
b. Participants must share the ascribed promo post on his/her Facebook account with a caption, “#MYBREAK, My #KITKATBench! Make your own too!” and must tag at least three of his/her friends.
c. The submissions must NOT contain:
• Any marks, logos or brand names except that of Nestlé KIT KAT and Nestlé Philippines, Inc. Apart from the KITKAT logo which appears on the KIT KAT benches, there is no requirement however that trademarks of Nestlé Philippines, Inc. should appear in the entries.
• The submissions should be clear and contain wholesome images.
• The submissions should not contain images of children who are 3 years old and younger.
• Submissions which are obscene, vulgar, pornographic, hateful, threatening, racist, discriminatory, offensive, illegal or otherwise inappropriate shall not be considered. The decision of the Organizers of the Promotion on this matter shall be final.
d. A participant can only submit an entry once.
6. During the duration and at any stage of the promotion, organizers of the promotion may disqualify participants who fail to qualify pursuant to the qualifications specified in these mechanics and their decision on the matter is final.
Procedure for the Determination of Winners
7. Judging of the entries will be done by the Organizers of the Promotion and fan votes (via Facebook engagements). The decision that will be made is final.
8. Entries sent beyond the cut off time will no longer be accepted and will be informed by responding to their comment on the pinned promo post that their entry will not be considered anymore. Winners may only win once during the duration of the promo.
9. Organizers of the Promotion will be selecting a total of ten (10) entries:
a. Top five (5) shortlisted entries
b. Five (5) back-up entries, which shall be used in the event that any of the participants who submitted the top five (5) shortlisted entries cannot be validated following the procedure in the next paragraph.
Organizers of the Promotion shall judge the entries based on the following criteria:
10. Organizers of the promotion will validate the identity of the participants who submitted the winning entries by:
a. Confirming if they are following both the KIT KAT Philippines Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/kitkat.ph) and KIT KAT Philippines Twitter account (www.twitter.com/kitkat_ph).
b. Participants shared the ascribed promo post on his/her Facebook account with a caption, “#MYBREAK, My #KITKATBench! Make your own too!” and tagged at least three of his/her friends.
c. The designated Social Manager from MRM//McCann will ask the winners to send their full name, contact number, and address via direct message to KIT KAT Philippines Facebook page.
11. If the participant cannot be reached within seven (7) days from the first attempt to contact him or her; or if he or she replies in a negative manner; Organizers shall include the next highest back-up entry as one of the shortlisted entries.
12. Facebook fans will be given the chance to participate on the selection process by voting on 1 out of any of the Top 5 shortlisted entries selected by the Organizers of the Promotion. The top five (5) shortlisted entries will each be shared through a Facebook post and will run for 7 days. Fans will have to comment on the post the number that will be assigned to their chosen entry.
13. Votes will have to originate from real Facebook accounts. Only one comment (vote) per Facebook account is allowed. The succeeding comments coming from the same Facebook account will no longer be accepted and will be informed by responding to their comment on the pinned promo post that their vote will no longer be counted.
14. Comments or votes sent beyond the cut off time will also be no longer accepted and will be informed by responding to their comment on the pinned promo post that their vote will not be considered anymore.
15. After fan voting has been done, the Organizers of the Promotion shall judge the entries based on the number of comments (votes) supporting each of the entries. The entry that generated the highest number of comments will be the winning entry. This is the only criteria for choosing the winning entry of the promo.
PRIZES TO BE WON
16. The design of the winning entry shall be produced and delivered to the creator. Consolation prizes for the 4 runner-up entries will be KIT KAT gift packs, containing assorted KIT KAT products and/or KIT KAT premium items (e.g. KIT KAT Bench speakers, KIT KAT USB, KIT KAT Powerbank).
CLAIMING OF PRIZES AND PERIOD OF REDEMPTION
17. Winning entry’s prize (produced KIT KAT Bench) shall be sent to his/her residential address between the months of January to March 2016.
18. Runner-up winners may claim their prizes at MRM, McCann Worldgroup Philippines, 4/F Active Fun Bldg. 9th Ave. Cor. 28th St. Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Metro Manila 1634.
19. If the runner-up winners are not available to claim his/her prize, or for those residing outside of Metro Manila, they may opt get their prizes via courier service, provided that the winner will shoulder shipping cost.
20. Claiming of prizes shall be subject to all of the following conditions:
b. Possession of all the qualifications and none of the disqualifications set forth in these mechanics;
c. Proper verification of the identity of the participant
d. Approval by the organizers of the promotion of the redemption;
e. Compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these mechanics.
21. When claiming the prize, winners must present at least one (1) valid ID (Government, work, or school ID with picture on it), a printed copy of their entry (screenshot of their entry and the private message they sent to the KIT KAT Philippines Facebook page, with their complete contact details), and a printed copy of the notification message sent to them by the page.
22. Should the participant decide to send an authorized representative to claim the prizes, the authorized representative must present the following requirements: at least one (1) valid ID (government, work, or school ID with picture) belonging to him/her, a photocopy of at least one (1) of the participant’s valid ID (government, work, or school ID with picture), a printed copy of the participant’s winning entry (screenshot of the entry and the private message the participant sent to the KIT KAT Philippines Facebook page, with their complete contact details), and a printed copy of the notification message sent to the participant by the page.
23. If the participant or his or her duly authorized representative does not personally claim the item/s sought to be redeemed within sixty (60) days of notification, the prizes shall be forfeited in favor of KIT KAT Philippines with the approval of FDA.
24. Once claimed and in the possession of the participant, ownership and all risks pertaining to the item/s redeemed shall be vested upon the participant-recipient.
25. All prizes earned under this promotion are not transferable and not convertible to cash.
26. Organizers of the promotion assume no responsibility for:
a. Any incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete or invalid information/entries on the websites herein caused by any third party, i.e., website users, hackers, among others, or caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the conduct of the promotion.
b. Any statement, comment or declaration posted or submitted to the KIT KAT PHILIPPINES Page on Facebook (hhtp://www.facebook.com/kitkat.ph). Said statements, comments or declarations are those of the participants or members of said Facebook Fan Page and not of the organizers of the promotion.
c. Any technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, and other problems or technical malfunctions in the conduct of this promotion.
d. Any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to or alteration of the email addresses, and Facebook accounts used in this promotion.
e. Any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of submissions of the participants under this promotion or other similar instances that may occur in connection with or in relation to this promotion.
26. NPI, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies or its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any access to and use of the KIT KAT PHILIPPINES Page of Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/kitkat.ph). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the foregoing websites/s herein are provided on an “as is-where is” basis, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
27. Organizers of the Promotion shall be entitled to cancel, discontinue or suspend this Promotion on the basis of the occurrence of force majeure events or any events beyond the control of the organizers of the promotion that will not make it possible for them to continue with the conduct of the promotion without affecting the fairness and integrity of the same, including but not limited to the following:
a. Programs not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering
b. Unauthorized intervention;
c. Technical failures;
d. Technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment and software;
e. Failure of any e-mail account to transmit message to the organizers of the promotion on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website;
f. Injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer due to or resulting from participating in the promotion or downloading any materials from the Facebook website; or
g. Any other causes which would corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, and integrity of selecting the participants in this promotion.
The decision of the Organizers of the Promotion to cancel, discontinue or suspend this Promotion or disqualify a Participant on the basis of the foregoing is final and they will not engage in any dialogue with any person regarding such decision.