Whoever said you can’t have a little bite of adventure on your break needs to get out more. Here’s a treat you can pack along with you on the next road trip or far flung destination. As suggested by our friends from Pepper.ph, toss in some popcorn, pour sticky caramel sauce, add crunchy toffee bits, and fold in chopped KIT KAT® Chunky Double Caramel, and you’re good to go!
On your way out, make a stop at the nearest convenient store and try the other new, limited edition KIT KAT® Chunky flavors - Cookies & Cream and Hazelnut, and #ChooseYourChunky.
KIT KAT® Chunky Double Caramel Popcorn
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 KIT KAT® Chunky Double Caramel chopped
- Prepare two baking sheets lined with parchment and greased.
- Prepare microwave popcorn according to instructions on packet. Place in a large bowl.
- Place the sugar in the center of the pan and add water around the sides.
- Cook sugar until dissolved and until the caramel turns an Amber color.
- Pour about 1/4 of the mixture into the first baking sheet. Return caramel back to the heat.
- Add the butter to the caramel and stir in the pan until melted.
- Add the baking powder. The mixture will fizzle. Continue to stir until bubbles fade.
- Pour caramel over popcorn and mix until completely coated.
- Pour popcorn out into the second baking sheet. Allow popcorn to set for 30 minutes.
- Break popcorn into pieces and add back into a large bowl.
- Take the first KIT KAT® Chunky Double Caramel and break into small pieces.
- Add pieces of hard caramel and all of the chopped KIT KAT® Chunky Double Caramel to the popcorn
- Mix to combine and serve.